We are Hiring
Program & Marketing Associate
This is a unique opportunity to get involved in the Startup Ecosystem and interact with some of the most active investors, entrepreneurs, and community organizations in Boston.
As Program & Marketing Associate, you will report to the Executive Director. You will be in charge of designing, implementing and executing all of the curriculum and events for both The Capital Network and Greenhorn Connect. You’ll bring together investors, experienced entrepreneurs, and industry champions to provide high-quality programming, content, and education to entrepreneurs and students in the Boston area.
We are looking for someone with an itch to create – there is an opportunity to create fresh programming and new connections, and we need someone who has the drive and creativity to build upon the existing community and grow it to a whole new level.
- Creating content and programming for workshops, all day boot camps, student events, and other programming for entrepreneurs
- Fostering relationships with community partners, including investment groups, co-working spaces, other educational organizations and other members of the ecosystem
- Building and maintaining relationships with local colleges and universities
- Securing relevant, impressive, and surprising speakers
- Preparing speakers for events by helping with content creation and prep calls/meetings
- Managing execution, logistics, and production of events
- Creating and publishing event-related content
- Heavily promote The Capital Network and GreenhornConnect.com and our programs at every opportunity, with specific responsibilities for recruitment and promotion
- Work with staff and advisors to define the larger growth strategy
- Collect and manage feedback from our community and stakeholders to continuously improve our programs and uncover new opportunities
- Participate in strategic planning
- Assist with creation, conception, and execution of marketing campaigns to support both organizations
- Research and present potential sponsorship opportunities
Who you are:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in business or related field
- At least 1-2 years of experience planning events and/or building creative communities
- Able to juggle multiple responsibilities, while prioritizing and managing your time ruthlessly
- A natural people-pleaser with a positive attitude and a genuine desire to help
- Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable with independent work and trial & error
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to maintain professional poise and rapport with our startup companies, partners, mentors, and community supporters
- Flexibility to manage priorities and re-direct
- Interest in self-guided research in the startup development space
- Fluency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, etc.
- Tech fluency is a must. Must be willing to try, test and use new tech/SAAS products to make our work more efficient
- Experience in startups or accelerator programs a huge plus
- A sense of humor and energetic attitude to add to our small but passionate team!
Preferred but not required:
- A general understanding of the fundraising process for early stage entrepreneurs
- Prior experience with universities
- Experience building a executing curriculum based programs
- WordPress & design experience
A bit more about the position:
- This is a full time salary position
- We are located in Boston’s Fort Point
ABOUT THE CAPITAL NETWORK:
The Capital Network has been a stand-alone organization for almost 30 years and acquired GreenhornConnect.com in 2014.
Events under The Capital Network umbrella consist of curated educational programming focused on the fundraising process created in partnership with local investors. The events under the Greenhorn umbrella focus on reaching students and building a community of entrepreneurs.
The merger of the two organizations has created the opportunity to foster relationships with entrepreneurs early in their business, while in school (Greenhorn) all the way through their first round of Series A fundraising (The Capital Network).
To apply email a cover letter and your resume to team(at)thecapitalnetwork.org :
Please send us one-page cover letter telling us about yourself by answering these questions:
- Why Us & Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at The Capital Network/Greenhorn Connect in particular.
- Why You: Tell us why you are the right match for this position.
- Name an event you would create that would fit in with the Capital Network’s mission and benefit entrepreneurs.
Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than a single page. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on our latest upcoming events