Every Year for the past 30 years more women than men have graduated college. Women are entering the workforce in equal numbers to men, but women still:
– Earn 79% of their male counterparts
– Receive less than 10% of venture capital funding
– Make up only 18% of all start-up founders
– Run only 4% of Fortune 500 companies
– Only 2 % of women owned firms generate more than a million dollars
How we can help:
For the Boston ecosystem to reach its full potential it needs to create access and opportunities for ALL of its residents.
We created the fellowship to address some of this need. Currently the fellowship helps women entrepreneurs building early stage startups by providing them with a free six-month membership to The Capital Network.
What fellows receive:
A 6 month TCN membership which includes:
- A 6 month unlimited access to lunch workshops & roundtables.
- 1 on 1 mentorship opportunities.
- Access to special members-only events.
- Access to our network and resources, and discounts to partner events.
- Free or discounted access to Fast Tracks & Full Day bootcamps.
- Opportunities to meet Boston’s most active investors and mentors.
How we find our fellows:
TCN is a core member of the Boston ecosystem; we pull from various partners and our network to find entrepreneurs that have the drive to benefit from this unique opportunity.
If you think you would benefit from our fellowship - please contact us for more information.
How is the fellowship funded?
The fellowship is currently funded by individual investors and companies such as:
Meet with us and one of our board members to discuss your startup
“TCN provides education & community through advisors, board members and partners who want to support the next generation of founders. This diversity attracts a large number of female entrepreneurs who feel supported by TCN’s mission to provide them with the knowledge they need to effectively raise capital and grow their businesses.”
Founder & CEO, CabinetM
Managing Director, Golden Seeds
“Thank you, TCN!
The Fellowship opportunity was fantastic.
I learned so much and I wanted you to know that the mentor lunch at the Fast Track was especially great.
I was able to get a follow-up meeting with one of the investors!”
Founder & CEO